One of the most commonly overlooked, hardest working and critically important components on your motorcycle is your fuel injector. We can’t count the number of times in helping someone diagnose a hair pulling endlessly frustrating driveability problem it’s turned out to be an issue with the injector.
Did you ever chase your tail with jetting issues on a carb bike? It’s the exact same thing with an injected bike just dealing with different components and the key to everything in FI is the injector.
SYMPTOMS OF A DIRTY, CLOGGED LEAKING FAULTY OR BAD FUEL INJECTOR
- Starting Issues
- Poor or erratic idle
- Wet spark plugs
- Raw fuel smell at muffler tip
- Poor power and performance
- Engine fails to reach high RPM
- Increased fuel consumption
- Rough engine performance
- Surging and bucking under various throttle loads
- Engine knock or detonation which can lead to serious engine damage
CAUSES OF INJECTOR PROBLEMS
- Contaminants in the fuel
- Phase separation of ethanol fuels
- Mechanical wear and tear
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY INJECTOR BE CLEANED
- Some riders will have them cleaned annually as part of a routine maintenance program
- Some race teams will clean and test them before every race to ensure absolute top engine performance
- Whenever any of the above mentioned symptoms occur
- 100-150 hours of use
HOW IT WORKS
Once you’ve ordered a cleaning service we’ll email you a shipping call tag. Pack your injector in a plastic bag then into a suitable shipping container, attach the label and deliver to the carrier.
Once we receive your injector we’ll establish a set of ‘before’ baseline values by checking its electrical status against OEM specification then test its flow rate and spray pattern before we perform the following:
- Hot fluid ultrasonic cleaning to breakup and remove deposits and contaminants from the nozzle, pintle and valve chamber
- Purge flow the injector in both directions to eject contaminates and clogs from the inlet filter screen and valve unit
- Perform pressurized leak test
- Final clean the injector and test it’s flow rate a second time to establish its ‘after’ volume output condition and ensure its fully within spec in every way. Data from each step is recorded and emailed for your maintenance records.
If the injector fails any of these tests we’ll contact you to discuss repair or replacement options.
If your bike has multiple injectors we’ll ensure each is flowing within 3-5% of each other or contact you to make arrangements to obtain a balanced set.
Most injectors are rehabbed and returned in 2-4 business days, however holidays or shop load may impact the turnaround time. If you need to skip the line our Race Rush program will get your injector back out on the same or next business day for $25 with additional cost for overnight shipping if needed.
The injector cleaning service is $75.00 for the first injector and $45.00 for each additional injector and includes ground service shipping in both directions in the continental US. Additional cost add ons include expedited shipping, expedited cleaning, multiple injector balancing, replacement injectors, manifold sealing ring.
Please email us for information regarding any of these email@example.com