Second to the engine, the suspension is the second most expensive and complicated component on your bike. You select and install guards and protection for that, how are you protecting the forks?
There's a few traditional ways that guys have done this in the past but the X-Mud gators may be the most effective because if the water dirt and mud that would have otherwise attacked your fork seals is kept away your suspension will last long and work better.
Can be secured at the bottom with a rubber band or Velcro strap to keep the bottom free from contaminate intrusion.
- Suitable for fork with diameter 46/49 mm
- Allows for full unrestricted fork movement, no stiction
- Protects the fork shaft and seals from mud sand and dust
- Simple installation
- Protects the sliding fork shaft from dirt that in critical or challenging conditions might compromise oil seal function resulting in an oil leak degrading fork performance and possibly resulting in a DNF
- Requires the forks to be removed for installation