NOTE: this is a new product introduction and may take up to two weeks to ship. Thanks for your patience.
The simplest to use ‘pass / fail’ chain tensioner gauge ever designed.
If you’ve ever been perplexed by the chain adjustment method on your KTM or Husky this is the smartest and simplest way to adjust your chain there is.
Stop using the inaccurate and inconsistent ‘3-finger’ method to adjust your chain. It’s trail side folklore that costs you money and hurts your bike.
Imagine adjusting valves, spark plug gap or anything else important and expensive by ‘winging it’, so why are we still doing that with something as essential as chain slack?
Excessive chain wear, sprocket wear, slider wear, left side wheel bearing failure, primary shaft bearing failure, primary shaft oil leaks can all be the result of improper slack adjustment.
- 3D printed to the exact factory spec tension
- Innovative one of a kind ‘pass / fail’ test method
- Check your chain tension in seconds
- Pack with you on the trail, weighs virtually nothing
- Compatible with any stock or aftermarket Chan slider
- Polisport swing arm guards will need to be trimmed slightly where the tool meets the slider.
*The upper plastic pant leg chain protector on the street legal dual sport bikes with will have to be removed to make clearance to use the adjustment tool.
VERSION 1 FITMENT:
Any KTM, Husqvarna or Husaberg dirt bike with 55mm to 58mm of chain slack measured from the top of the swingarm using this method taken from the owners manual.
Version 1 Instructions
Following your owners manual remove the weight of the bike from the swing arm using a stand or pulling the bike over on the kick stand.
Position the tool by pressing it against the back edge of the chain slider. Clean or remove any mud to insure an accurate placement.
Pull up on the chain to remove and slack or sag.
Look through tool’s sight window and if the bottom of the chain is visible anywhere within the view area the chain slack is within spec.
If your chain is not within spec adjust your slack per the owner’s manual and repeat the steps above.
VERSION 2 FITMENT:
Any early model KTM, Husaberg or Austrian Husqvarna dirt bike with 8mm to 10mm of chain slack measured from the BOTTOM of the swingarm.
Version 2 Instructions
1. Position the machine so the rear wheel is off the ground
2. Position the tool at the back of the chain slider under the swing arm ensuring that it’s pressed square against the chain slider. Clean any mud or debris that may interfere with this step.
3. Push up on the bottom of the chain between two of the links as shown to remove any slack.
4. Look through the sight windows in the tool and if the top of the chain is visible within the sight windows the chain slack is within spec.
5. If your chain is not within spec, adjust the chain according to your owner’s manual and repeat the steps above. Remove the tool and lube the chain as needed.