The STR rear disk guard shark fin isn't like any other guard out there, possibly our new favorite guard.
Rear disc guard, sharing design points from our proven Front Disc Guard.
- U.H.M.W. plastic outer edge guard, mates to G10 composite "Fin" fastened to the caliper bracket.
- The UHMW plastic is a GLIDE plate concept . When you Crunch into rocks etc, the oil impregnated plastic, lets you slip through the obstacle, with less speed scrubbed off.
- The G10 fiber composite "FIN" is super strong and incredibly light weight.
- Both of these pipieces have their color molded through out their material thickness. They will not readily show scratches, mashes or bashes or grind marks, as aluminum does after a few rides.
- A 25 to 20 mm collar is supplied to suit the 20mm axle. Loctite is used to fix in place. (propane torch is used to disassemble, if needed)
- This is a modular design with individually replaceable components.
- Accommodates larger disc sizes.
- Axle mounted inner "Carrier" made from 6061 aluminum with stainless hardware press fitted.
- 3.0m G-10 which is a high-pressure fiberglass laminate created by stacking multiple layers of glass cloth soaked in epoxy resin and by compressing the resulting material under heat until the epoxy cures. It's very similar to Micarta and carbon fiber laminates, except that glass cloth is used as filler material and G-10 is by far the toughest of the glass fiber resin laminates. With U.H.M.W. plastic (ultra high molecular weight) Perimeter Scrub Guards, fitted with brass threaded inserts.
- Blue, Orange & Silver
- G10 or Carbon Fiber
- 150-570 KTM / HUSQVARNA / HUSABERG 2004 to current
- 250+ GAS GAS 2019 to current