The Athena GET ECU.
Oh yea kids, this is the one right here. This is the ECU / tuning device that lives up to all the hype.
Check it out guys, there’s alot of great tuning and engine management products out there - and we like, race, and sell them all. Each has it's strengths and merits and really are worthy of your bike. It's a great time to be in moto with all these great engine management choices.
The Dobeck EJK / JD Tuner is a terrific device, a reflashed ECU is fantastic value for the money if your box can be be flashed and the Vortex is probably the most famous and widely respected aftermarket ecu/tuning product out there and for good reason. All of them great options and terrific devices.
Now let’s get to the best, because when you're ready for the ultimate device - you're ready for the GET.
Is there any advantage in buying your GET from Taco Moto Co?
‘But I’ve seen these sold from guy X or Y for a few bucks less, why shouldn’t I just try to score the best deal from the cheapest guy?!’ I get this question fairly often and it’s valid. Let’s break that down a bit
Pretty much all the dealers and resellers out there are selling this ECU with the generic Athena base map in both map slots with probably some pre loaded traction control in map 2. And that's cool I guess, because the Athena base maps are great. So much better then stock.
We’re way different.
When you purchase an ECU from us we can interview you like you'd do with a suspension tuner to make sure that the maps we load into your computer for you give you the 'personality' you’re after with your machine.
Do you ride super moto and dirt? MX and enduro? Open dessert and Moab? Idaho single track and weekend enduro races? If you’re like us you have a few different riding profiles and you’d love to have your bike perform differently and specifically to each of them.
We can make that happen. It’s probably safe to say that no one has more time developing, testing and perfecting map profiles for the GET then we do.
We can also add features and mods to your tune that are exclusive to a Taco Moto Co. ECU.
Want to have the fan on map 1 turn on 5 degrees later then stock and map 2 10 degrees sooner? Check.
Want to have the tip over sensor time on map 2 disabled or increased 10 seconds over base to give you time to pick up the bike and hop back on and send it again in a race? Check
Want to have a hard edge rev limiter or a soft entry limit point where the power tapers and flattens off? Want to have a different rev limit for map 1 then map 2? Check and check.
We can tune and customize these things like no one else can.
GET RX1 PRO ECU KIT (new ECU released in 2018)
WiFi Communication Module
2 Custom Tuned High-Performance Maps
- Built-in barometric pressure sensor PERFECTLY adjusts fueling for elevation changes (EXCLUSIVE TO THE GET ECU)
- Most bikes will now start without the choke
- Lean cough and stall condition completely eliminated.
- Lets your EXC, XCF-W, FE, FEs run the way the engineers designed it.
- Loaded with 2 CUSTOM maps created specifically for you after a brief interview discussing how you use your bike and how you want it to perform.
- Easy plug and play installation, no programming or tuning required.
- WiFi into your bike to see diagnostic data, trouble codes, tune and modify the fueling and ignition of map 1 & 2 (EXCLUSIVE TO THE GET ECU)
- Fueling can be increased up to 30% and decreased 10% with the easy to use free smart phone app.
- Ignition can be adjusted -30 deg to +5 deg with the easy to use free smart phone app.
- The rev limiter can be increased up to 500 over stock with the easy to use free smart phone app.
- True traction control ready, not just a 'weak sauce' second map like other performance ECU's available or like on the factory KTM map switch. Requires optional traction control switch.
- One of the most widely used performance ECU on the race track, run by almost all Super Cross teams and on podium bikes in every racing category from GNCC, WORKS, Dakar, EnduroCross, AMA National Enduro and a growing list of class Baja 1000 wins.
- Wi-Fi Com exclusive to the GET allows you to fine-tune engine parameters such as injection, ignition and rev limit using a smartphone or tablet and see bike data in real time.
- Available as an ECU only option, WIFI and MAP switch available separately.
Our vast portfolio of maps have been developed with our tuning partner Derek Harris of HP Racing Development - he's the tuning wizard who created the first 500/501 map when the GET was launched for the Austrian dual sport bikes in early 2018. He’s the guy who 'invented' these maps and the firmware for our bikes and his GET maps have been winning races and championships longer than anyone else.
To say this guy knows Athena, the GET ECU and European race bikes is an understatement.
Again - other guys will sell you a GET ECU and may dangle a lower price. We've seen them too. But ask around about their maps and their after the sale customer support. Check them out on Thumper Talk, KTM Talk, the EXC / FE Facebook groups or ADV Rider. What are guys saying about customer support and map performance?
Will they give you lifetime map support? Will they email you map updates and help you trouble shoot bike problems on the app and work to get you back on the trail? Do they test ride your ECU before it ships?
There's a difference.
What's that old saying - buy right and you only feel pain once.
The GET is the ultimate ECU, it's all the features, all the functions, all the technology, all the bells and whistles, all the goodies. Welcome to the podium, welcome to the future.
- 2019 EXC and FE's will require the Sicass Racing over and under start / kill switch to shut off. The internal wiring of the bike harness changes the kill switch functionality in the ECU and will require the kill switch to be upgraded.
- The ECU only option is for guys who already have WIFI boxes from other bikes, don't care about the wifi option or want a ECU at a price that's very comparable to the Vortex which has not wifi box or map switch. A map switch is available separate as well as a WIFI box but the cost of building a set up À la carte will be more then getting the PRO KIT.
- The ECU has (1) accessory pig tail connector that can be used to plug into either the WIFI box or the TRACTION CONTROL KNOB. If you want to have them *both* plugged in at the same time you'll need the accessory Y-CABLE.
This device is for Closed Course Competition Use only.
Not Intended for Street Use! Does not conform to CARB / EPA laws and regulations and is not legal for use upon a highway. This controller is NOT California ON-ROAD approved for CARB E.O. D-654
Your order of this product is your consent of agreement to these terms. You agree to hold harmless Taco Moto Co. and Athena USA from any damages you may incur from the use of this product and you consent to the mandate that this device be installed on a closed course competition use only racing vehicle and will not be used on a regulated highway.
Dyno photograph legend:
Stock bike with reed cage removed and a slip on (dark blue line)
The same bike with a Munn Racing reflashed ECU (light blue line)
The GET ECU (green line)
Pair this to a Pro Moto Billet End cap for the ultimate power upgrade.