As of April 1, 2022 AIM units are in stock and shipping daily
AiM Taipan ECU Plug & Play Engine Control Unit ships pre loaded with exclusive ready to ride Taco Moto Co. custom maps and parameters.
Eliminate the annoying and dangerous snatchy jerky throttle and hard to ride characteristics of the CRF450 L, RL and X machine and turn it into the bike it should be.
All ecu's ship with exclusive Taco Moto Mapping and firmware (newest version as of 6/10/22)
- Map 1 - OPEN EXHAUST RACE MODE - (full system or slip on) full wide open unrestricted honey badger power on 91-93 pump gas
- MAP 2 - OPEN EXHAUST ENDURO SINGLE TRACK MODE - (full system or slip on) smooth and linear low end power for riding the gnar gnar rough stuff eliminating the lurchy snappy throttle feel of the stock ecu. Combine this map with a 7oz flywheel weight and a Rekluse clutch and you've got a machine that can be chugged and lugged up over and through virtually anything.
- MAP 3 - OPEN EXHAUST ECONOMY MODE - same as MAP 1 with an economy cruise zone ‘highway map’ that will improve mileage up to 10% in the 4,500 - 7,500 rpm range.
- MAP 4 - STOCK EXHAUST RACE MODE - (stock muffler with the L/RL or X header) full wide open unrestricted honey badger power on 91-93 pump gas
- MAP 5 - STOCK EXHAUST ENDURO SINGLE TRACK MODE - (stock muffler with the L/RL or X header) smooth and linear low end power for riding the gnar gnar rough stuff eliminating the lurchy snappy throttle feel of the stock ecu. Combine this map with a 7oz flywheel weight and a Rekluse clutch and you've got a machine that can be chugged and lugged up over and through almost anything.
Any of the maps make the bike almost stall proof and feature for feature the AiM wins hands down in a face off between it and the Vortex ecu with capabilities it can't match:
- Nearly stall proof performance
- Faster CPU clock speed
- More RAM for better data processing
- Better transition fueling and ignition management
- Newest most modern IC chips and electronics
- Produced by AIM Italy a leader in Formula 1 race technology and electronics
- 5 mode traction control
- Launch control capable
- Low, med and high fuel trim tuning
- Live altitude fuel trim compensation
- Alpha N and speed density fueling management profiles
- Data logging capabilities
- Quick shift capabilities
- Fully submersible waterproof
- Injector power monitoring and low voltage compensation correction strategy
- At 20,000 RPM the Taipan guarantees ignition precision to 1/10th of degree for throttle response and crispness like you haven’t experienced before.
- Second injector capable
- Some features require the optional AIM Map Switch
- Two 0-5V analogue inputs sampled @ 1,000 Hz each, could be alternatively used as a switch to ground
- Second injector driver for high impedance saturated injectors (12Ω)
- One low side driver (1 A)
- Two CAN Bus, one for calibration purposes, one for expansions - (AiM handlebar switch, dataloggers, dash etc
- Three JST JWPF waterproof auxiliary connector
- Power consumption 150 mA
- Connectors: n. 1 JST 04T-JWPF-VSLE-S Connector
- n. 1 JST 08R-JWPF-VSLE-D Connector
- n. 1 JST 04R-JWPF-VSLE-S Connector
- n. 1 33 pin male Connector
- Body: PA6 + 30% glass fiber
- Dimensions: 89.4 x 75.4 x 29.3mm
- Waterproof: IP67
- Weight: 260g
I received the Taipan ECU with the Taco Moto maps and I'm happy to report that my bike runs the best it's ever ran! Fantastic job thank you very much greatly appreciated😃👍🤛”Shane H., 21’ Honda CRF 450RL
“You guys were right. This bike does it all!
This thing is amazing on any kind of dirt especially a flowing 50” trail. Absolutely phenomenal.
The AIM ECU (Taco Moto), Pro Moto Billet end cap, and Rekluse transformed this from an excellent bike, into such a rideable and amazingly capable bike.
I can’t believe how much it doesn’t “feel” like a big bike in the woods.”
Quinn D, 2022 Husqvarna FE501
This device is for Closed Course Competition Use only.
Not Intended for Street Use! Does not conform to CARB / EPA laws and regulations and is not legal for highway use.
Your order of this product is your consent of agreement to these terms. You agree to hold harmless Taco Moto Co. and AIM Sportline from any damages you may incur from the use of this product and you consent to the mandate that this device be installed on a closed course competition use only racing vehicle and will not be used on a regulated highway.